The HSC Foundaton Family Circle Grant
The HSC Foundation has recently awarded TLC an exceptional grant to help families who have a child with special needs between the ages of 14 and 26 who need help planning their children's futures and do not have the expendable income to commit to this type of planning. TLC has partnered with M&L Special Needs Planning, LLC to provide these services to qualifying families.
If your child with special needs is between the ages of 14 and 26, M&L Special Needs Planning, LLC can assist you with:
• Discussion of Estate Planning Documents & Advance Directives for Special Needs – Special Needs Trust
• Risk Management/Insurance Needs (life, disability & long term care)
• Proper funding and beneficiary designations for retirement, insurance and investment portfolios
• Government Benefits Planning – SSI/Medicaid and SSDI/Medicare
• Letter of Intent • IEPs and the process of transitioning through age 21
• Applications for DDA and DORS Services in Maryland or appropriate agencies for those families living in Washington, DC or Virginia • Personal assessment of child's strengths & weaknesses to help facilitation decisions on employment, transportation opportunities, and post secondary options including college based programs and independent living programs
• Age of Majority (18) – Guardianship; SSI/Medicaid
TLC – The Treatment and Learning Centers is a local, non-profit organization in Rockville, MD founded in 1950. We offer many first-rate programs and services for the community, including a Family Hearing Center, childcare and preschool programs, testing and tutoring services and a community education program. Our mission is to improve lives and expand possibilities for individuals with special needs, and we specialize in services for children and adults with learning disabilities, helping them reach their full potential. Our pediatric services include speech-language and occupational therapy, interaction groups, summer programs, and The Katherine Thomas School, an independent special education day school for students preschool to 12th grade. For adults with disabilities, we offer multiple programs through our Outcomes Service.
Browse our website (www.ttlc.org) and read what our consumers say, or contact us for more information
The HSC Foundation (www.hscfoundatoin.org) is dedicated to improving access to services for individuals who face social and health care barriers due to disability, chronic illness, or other circumstances that present unique needs. The HSC Health Care System is a multi-faceted organization that weaves together a pediatric specialty hospital (The HSC Pediatric Center), a health care management plan (Health Services for Children with Special Needs), and a home health agency (HSC Home Care, LLC). The HSC Foundation serves as the parent organization to these nonprofit organizations, and together, they comprise The HSC Health Care System. The HSC Health Care System offers a comprehensive approach to caring, serving, and empowering individuals with disabilities.
In the arena of disparities and social and cultural barriers to services, the Foundation is currently focusing on the following areas:
• Youth transitions and employment readiness strategies
• Family supports, training, and advocacy
• Healthy lifestyles, awareness and education
Our guiding principles
• To work with partners on all initiatives
• To select initiatives that address an identified information or service gap and that add value to existing work
• To bring additional funding (federal, corporate, foundation) to initiatives by serving as funding partners that have local impact and national relevance
The mission of The HSC Foundation is to facilitate access to appropriate services for individuals with special needs and their families in the Washington metropolitan area, and to participate in related local, regional, and national projects with government, private, and philanthropic organizations.
Leave a Comment